Efficiency through ergonomics
• Back and neck pain are the most common workplace complaints
• Your well-being can be increased by making some simple adjustments
• The use of monitor mounts makes it easy to create an ergonomic workplace and alleviate pain
How is your health at work?
What can you do to increase your well-being in the office?
1. Work under correct lighht conditions that can be tailored specifially to you.
Of course, from an evolutionary point of view, daylight is best suited to maximising your well-being [Study by Sleep Medicine Center Charité Berlin]. But what about full-time office employees who just don’t get outside enough due to their jobs? For all such people and also for those who appreciate good working light, daylight lamps are the perfect choice. The ideal solution is a lamp that can be adapted to suit the individual with adjustable light intensities and colour temperatures. This is possible thanks to modern LED lamps with the necessary electronics.
2. Ventilation and room temperature can also affect well-beeing.
3. Carry out your work as quietly as possible.
4. Check and improve your workplace ergonomics.
Here are the most important aspects for choosing ergonomically correct working equipment:
- The computer should be quiet.
- There are many types of ergonomic mouses to choose from depending on the type of complaint in the lower arm, wrist, fingers or neck.
- Modern, ergonomic keyboards feature split and domed layouts. The ideal position of the keyboard should ensure that the lower arms are at right angles with the upper arms and are lying on the desk so as to relieve strain on the wrists. Additional keyboard and mouse accessories for creating an ergonomic workplace include wrist supports and ergonomic mouse pads.
- An important component of an ergonomic workplace is the monitor. Both its height and tilt angle should be easily adjustable to suit the individual. It is important that the user can see both the upper and lower edge of the screen at the same time. The ideal solution comes in the form of monitor mounts with flexible arms, that can be attached to the tabletop. As well as individual adjustability, staff also gain a lot more space on their desks. Furthermore, these flexible mounts allow the monitors to be adjusted to the ideal viewing distance of approximately an arm’s length. Good monitor mounts can hold monitors with a minimum diagonal of 24″ (for text work) and a maximum diagonal of 27″ (for graphic designers). Sustainable monitor mounts are made from recyclable materials such as aluminium [aluminium container page]. Although this makes the manufacturing process more complex, it does ensure an extremely long service life and is 100% recyclable.
Are there more ways to incorporate ergonomics more easily into your daily life?
- Take the stairs instead of the lift or the escalator.
- Use every opportunity to stand up and walk a few steps, for example, by placing your printer on another table and going to talk to your colleges in person rather than calling them.
- Stretch every so often – you can find lots of back and neck exercises online.
- Move your feet while you’re sitting at your desk.
- Take a short walk during your lunch break and boost your oxygen levels.
- Speaking of oxygen, be sure to air your office regularly.
- If you don’t have time for a walk during your lunch break, park your car as far away from the entrance as possible or – even better – cycle or walk to work if it’s doable.
§ The law on ergonomics
Act on the Implementation of Measures of Occupational Safety and Health to Encourage Improvements in the Safety and Health Protection of Workers at Work (ArbSchG): This law stipulates how occupational safety measures are to be implemented, guaranteed and improved.
DIN EN ISO 10075: This standardapplies internationally and shows the ergonomic principles regarding mental workload and stress in detail.
DIN EN ISO 9241: This standard is known as the “human-computer interaction” standard. It regulates the ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals.
If you have any questions relating to ergonomics including its design and implementation, please request a confidential meeting with your occupational health professional, safety representative or a certified ergonomics consultant.
Learn more about the DURABLE monitor mounts!
Here you can also order directly!
A short summary of the highlights:
- Ultra-flexible and smooth adjustment
- Simple attachment of the monitor through click mechanism
- Safe and orderly cable routing through practical cable clamps
- Long service life thanks to high-quality aluminium and premium plastics
- Patent pending mounting system
- Quality Made in Germany
- Unique 10 year warranty